Monday, March 10, 2014

#twitterchat

I joined a twitterchat called '#edchat' tonight. I find this very informative. It provides me lots of different webpages concerned with education. I saved some pages and joined some chat with a few people on twitter. 

For example, I find some interesting tips for scaffolding in classrooms.  These tips are helpful. For me, I'm taking the Practicum class this semester, I teach a lot in class and will teach in real classrooms. So I find these tips very helpful. It's really important to use multiple ways to scaffolding in classrooms. 

Also, I tried to rise some questions in twitterchat, but it seems no one reply my question. But the reason of this may be because I didn't narrow down the chatting topic (I should choose #eltchat or other esl chat sessions). 

Twitterchat is very informative and interactive, it is helpful for teachers to share their opinions and share the knowledge they know. It's helpful for professional growth. Twitterchat also make me like twitter and deepen the belief that technologies are at our dispose and their are many advantages if we use it properly and creatively. 

1 comment:

  1. You are right that it is important to choose a good Twitterchat. Sometimes it's good to hear thoughts from a wide range of teachers, but sometimes it's more useful to connect with professionals in your own field.

    ReplyDelete