Monday, April 21, 2014

Photo Stories: Share Cooking Experiences



Photo stories can be an experience sharing tool for ESL/EFL students. It is a vivid and interesting way to associate sociocultural experience with linguistic performance. By simply tell stories, students can make videos and can learn to describe pictures using their own words.

For me, I like cooking in my spare time. I make my video of How to Make Kung Pao Chicken. In order to make this video, I reviewed some cooking words and also some techniques to say procedures. 





Photo stories can be a wonderful tool for teaching ESL/EFL students. For example, teachers can give students assignments to make their own photo story and design the captions. Also, a set of pictures can be given to students to let them do a description writing task. 



1 comment:

  1. Those are good suggestions for the classroom and your Kung Pao chicken looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete